We've been fans of delicious.com for a long time. They were the pioneers of cloud storage for consumers. We hope they find a nice home after they get "sunset". But now that Delicious is changing, we're excited to let you know about how KartMe can help you save, share and enjoy your bookmarked recipes.
SImilar to Delicious, you can save recipe links to KartMe with a bookmarklet, organize them, and access them from any computer. But KartMe goes further to help you save and share. You can:
- Create Your Own Recipe - Save your family recipes next to your links, so all your recipes are in one spot
- Mobile Photos - After cooking, snap photos on your iPhone to save with your recipe
- Web Photos - When importing a bookmark, we'll grab an image for you
- Share your Recipe Box - Easily send friends a recipe, a list of recipes, or your whole recipe box
- Collaborate with a Group - Save recipes alongside friends or family in a "Co-Edited" recipe box
- Daily Backups - Each day we take a snapshot of our database, to keep your information safe & secure
- Mobile Access - Lookup your recipes at m.kartme.com on any smartphone - an Apple "Staff Pick"
- Follow Family and Friends - Discover new favorite recipes or see a friend learn to decorate cakes
One key lingo change: At the highest level, you can organize with groups, like "Phil's Recipe Box" or "Holiday Shopping". Within groups, you'll organize with "lists" instead of tags. You can have a list of chicken recipes and a list of crock pot recipes. Our members have created hundgres of groups, with thousands of lists,with tens of thousands fo recipes. What's neat about groups is that friends can join or follow your recipe box.
Want to get started? Import your recipe bookmarks and in 4 easy steps:
1. Visit http://kartme.com/recipes/import
2. Enter your Delicious.com username ( Don't have a Delicious account? Start saving recipes here )
3. Select tags you want to import
4. Sign up for your free KartMe account
That's it! You're done! Your Delicious tags will be imported as "Lists", and all your bookmarks will be available in your Recipe Box. Throughout the day our technology will update your recipes with photos--making them easier to find & cool to browse.
Here are all the features we offer for recipe organization:
KartMe.com is the first web-based tool to save photos, links, and recipes in online lists, making it easy to stay organized, share finds and collaborate - even while on the go. And it’s free. Designed around lists, KartMe offers one spot for links, recipes, home decor inspirations, wedding ideas, travel tips and more. KartMe then does the rest, backing up your information daily, looking for deals on products, and putting travel maps on your phone. Members save time and money, and can easily share recommendations with friends.
Over 20,000 favorites have been organized in lists by over 3,000 members. KartMe Mobile is an Apple "Staff Pick". KartMe has been featured in Cosmopolitan, The Washington Post, TechRadar, and Smashing Apps. The company was started with a grant from the Arthur Rock Center for Entrepreneurship at Harvard Business School. It's backed by investors who have made over 100 private investments, in companies like IdeaPaint, LocalMatters.com and Vans. See why KartMe is great for recipes, wedding planning, your own travel guides, and collaborating on clipping folder or tearsheet file.